India Growth Tracker
25 April 2021
- Indian GDP grew by just 0.4% in Q4 2020 in-line with SMI trends.
- Leading economic indicators for April show the Indian economy effected by the recent Covid wave of cases.
- Total Indian Exports for March stood at $34,450 (million), the highest value in at least six years.
- Car sales in India fell by 4.6% YnY in March.
- Steel production in March was up 15.6% compared to a year earlier.
Real Annual GDP Growth 1961-2019
Real GDP statistics compiled by World Economics show Indian GDP has grown rapidly over the past 20 years.
Real Quarterly GDP Growth Q2 2012 – Q4 2020
Leading and Composite Indicators
OECD Composite Leading Indicator (CLI)
The (CLI) is designed “to provide early signals of turning points of economic activity.” The index components include industrial production, car sales, monetary aggregates, share prices and the call money rate.
World Economics India Sales Managers’ Index