About The Sales Managers Index (SMI)
The Sales Managers’ Index has been developed by World Economics, a leading edge provider of original economic data. Sister products include the World Price Index, World Economics Journal, as well as country level Growth Trackers.
Key advantages of the SMI's:
- The SMI provides the first indication each month of the speed and direction of economic growth in each market.
- The SMI provides the most complete indication of growth, covering all private sector activity.
- The SMI is based on a key occupational group - uniquely able to sense changes in business activity levels.
- The SMI is composite index of business confidence, market growth, sales, prices charged and staffing levels.
- The SMI is a diffusion index, any index value above 50 indicates growth and below 50 indicates contraction.