Released: 20 March 2018
March’s Pan-Asia Sales Manages Index Show Rapid Growth
- Sales Growth Index registers faster sales growth
- Level of Business Confidence Index moves higher
- Job growth continues to reflect strong growth
Sales Managers' Index (SMI)
The Headline Sales Managers' Index (SMI) - a composite indicator designed to provide the most up-to-date assessment of business activity.
Business Confidence Index
The Business Confidence Index measures the level of optimism/pessimism amongst sales for future conditions.
Market Growth Index
The Market Growth Index monitors the underlying growth of the market segments into which the panel members sell.
Sales Growth Index
The Sales Growth Index defines the speed and direction of overall sales of goods and services made by business during the month.
Prices Charged Index
The Prices Charged Index measures the speed and direction of changes in the current price of goods and services taking into account any discounts offered.
Staffing Levels Index
The Staffing Levels Index monitors the level of growth or decline in employment against the same period a year earlier.
About Asia SMI Data
The Sales Managers Index provide the earliest monthly data on the speed and direction of economic activity across Asia.
Key advantages of the Asia SMI:
- The SMI provides the first indication each month of the speed and direction of economic growth across Asia.
- The SMI provides the most complete indication of growth, covering all private sector activity.
- The SMI is based on a key occupational group - uniquely able to sense changes in business activity levels.
- The SMI is composite index of business confidence, market growth, sales, prices charged and staffing levels.
- The SMI is a diffusion index, any index value above 50 indicates growth and below 50 indicates contraction.