Released:17 October 2017
Emerging Markets Business Confidence Improves
- Headline Sales Managers Index at 54.3 in October reflecting rapid growth
- Staffing levels grow for third consecutive month
- Prices charged for goods and services grow at a slow rate
Sales Managers' Index (SMI)
The Headline Sales Managers' Index (SMI) - a composite indicator designed to provide the most up-to-date assessment of business activity.
Business Confidence Index
The Business Confidence Index measures the level of optimism/pessimism amongst sales for future conditions.
Market Growth Index
The Market Growth Index monitors the underlying growth of the market segments into which the panel members sell.
Sales Growth Index
The Sales Growth Index defines the speed and direction of overall sales of goods and services made by business during the month.
Prices Charged Index
The Prices Charged Index measures the speed and direction of changes in the current price of goods and services taking into account any discounts offered.
Staffing Levels Index
The Staffing Levels Index monitors the level of growth or decline in employment against the same period a year earlier.
About Growth Continents SMI Data
The Sales Managers Index provide the earliest monthly data on the speed and direction of economic activity across the Growth Continents.
Key advantages of the Growth Continents SMI:
- The SMI provides the first indication each month of the speed and direction of economic growth across the Growth Continents.
- The SMI provides the most complete indication of growth, covering all private sector activity.
- The SMI is based on a key occupational group - uniquely able to sense changes in business activity levels.
- The SMI is composite index of business confidence, market growth, sales, prices charged and staffing levels.
- The SMI is a diffusion index, any index value above 50 indicates growth and below 50 indicates contraction.
Subscription required to download the SMI's and data, get started from only $195
- Economic Data Knowledge from eminent authors
- Economic Indicators for global growth
- Data Grouping of reliable data
- Hedge Key Currencies with the WPI
- Benchmarks for Data Quality
- Historical GDP Data to 1870