Released: 23 January 2019
Mongolia Growth Recovery Impacted by Chinese Slowdown
- The Sales Managers’ Index for Mongolia continues to reflect modest economic growth
- But Business Confidence has fallen sharply since September
- The Market and Sales Indexes are respectively at "no growth “and "falling sales" levels.
- Despite the Sales and Confidence slowdown, the bright spot remains the jobs Index, which still reflects growth in the job market
- But the Price Index stays at a worryingly high level, influenced by the strong Dollar and rising fuel costs
Overall the Mongolian economy can now be seen to be suffering from its close links with China.
The pull back out of recession now appears to be on the verge of coming to a standstill.
Mongolia: Headline Sales Managers’ Index (SMI)
The Headline Sales Managers' Index (SMI) - a composite indicator designed to provide the most up-to-date assessment of business activity.
Access Mongolia SMI Charts & Data
JOURNALISTS CAN ACCESS THE DATA & CHARTS OF THE MONGOLIA REPORT ON REQUEST.
VISITORS WISHING TO LEARN ABOUT SUBSCRIPTION RATES CAN GET MORE INFORMATION BY CONTACTING DATA@WORLDECONOMICS.COM OR PHONE: +44 (0) 20 3372 5612.
- HEADLINE SALES MANAGERS’ INDEX (SMI)
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE INDEX
- MARKET GROWTH INDEX
- SALES GROWTH INDEX
- PRICES CHARGED INDEX
- STAFFING LEVELS INDEX
FOR MORE DETAILS OF THE WORLD ECONOMICS MONTHLY SURVEY OF MONGOLIAN GROWTH PLEASE EMAIL DATA@WORLDECONOMICS.COM OR PHONE: +44 (0) 20 3372 5612