Released: 3 August 2020
July Data Shows Mongolian Economy Recovering Rapidly from Covid
- The headline Sales Managers Index reflects rapid growth in economic activity
- Business Confidence about the next few months now at 11 month high
- The Sales Growth Index is at a 25 month high reflecting real economic growth
- The Job Index remains below the 50 " no growth" level but is likely to regain the levels of one year ago in August.
Overall the Mongolian economy is clearly back in growth mode. The economy suffered very badly from the abrupt closure of vast areas of the Chinese economy earlier in the year in response to the Coronavirus. But many business sectors are now seeing a sharp revival in activity levels , and it is likely that Gross Domestic. Product will increase in real terms in the third quarter.
Mongolia: Sales Growth Index
The Sales Growth Index defines the speed and direction of overall sales of goods and services made by business during the month..
Access Mongolia SMI Charts & Data
- HEADLINE SALES MANAGERS’ INDEX (SMI)
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE INDEX
- MARKET GROWTH INDEX
- SALES GROWTH INDEX
- PRICES CHARGED INDEX
- STAFFING LEVELS INDEX
- CURRENCY STRENGTH INDEX
- PROFIT MARGINS INDEX
- LEARN MORE...