Released: 20 March 2020
U.S. Economy Shrinks Dramatically in March
Sales Managers Survey Records All Time Lows in Activity
- Market Growth Index at all time low
- Profits Index at all time low
- Business Confidence at 42 month low
- The impact on economic activity has been profound
- GDP must have fallen significantly in March
The Sales Managers headline Index has fallen significantly below the 50 no-growth line for the first time in the Index’s history. All Indexes are reflecting the extraordinary impact of the coronavirus on economic activity.
United States: Headline Sales Managers’ Index (SMI excl. prices)
The Headline Sales Managers' Index (SMI) - a composite indicator designed to provide the most up-to-date assessment of business activity.